Sunday, February 08, 2009

Take-Aways #7

- STAY FIT ON THE ROAD: Don't let your travels thwart your weight-loss efforts. Walk around the city you're visiting, stay in hotels that have gyms, or bring an exercise DVD with you.

- SCHEDULE EXERCISE AS IF IT WERE A BUSINESS APPOINTMENT: When life is busy, you need to block out time to exercise. By scheduling your workouts in your day-planner and treating them as sacred appointments with yourself, you'll increase your odds of getting physical and staying that way in the long run.

- EAT ONLY AT A TABLE: It's a mistake to munch in bed, on the courch, in the car, or straight from the frige because these eating episodes don't really register, which can set you up for overeating.

Originally printed in Weight Watchers Start living, Start losing.

2 comments:

carla said...

Im a big believe in the staying fit on the road.

ESPECIALLY when the on the road is for work...no reason not to.

I do, however, take a break from the exercise on vacation (let my bod heal and recover).

Rosie said...

I agree with you. If one is trying to make a healthy lifestyle change that usually includes exercise.

I don't know if I include exercise I haven't been on a vacation in years. My last trip was a camping trip and that was filled with hiking and stuff.