Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Take-Aways #5

- EAT SLOWLY: If you eat too quickly, it's easy to overeat before you realize that you've had enough. But if you slow down - and maybe even put your fork down between bites - it will help you to become aware of how much you've actually putting your mouth and will give your brain ample time to register fullness before you've overdone it.

- SPEND HALF YOUR LUNCH BREAK WALKING: Besides reducing the amoutn of time you spend around food, taking a midday walk can help you burn calories, boose your energy, and manage stress in the middle of the day.

- PRACTICE SELF-LOVE: If you act as if you love yourself - by cutting yourself slack for mistaes you make, by taking goood care of your body, and by comforting yourself in healthy ways (that don't invove food!) when you feel down - the feeling will gradually ome naturally.

Originally printed in Weight Watchers Start living, Start losing.

2 comments:

Grace said...

The mid-day walk idea is very helpful. I usually am an all or nothing person...so taking half of my lunch to take a short walk if I don't have time to do an hour is a good thought. I think I'll try this.

Rosie said...

Did you end up trying it? It didn't work out for me because I only get a 30 minute lunch. At lunch I go to the grocery store across the street from my job every day to get a fruit or something... now instead of just crossing the street, I walk around the block all then go to the store... every little bit counts.