Monday, March 16, 2009

Saving The Week

Saving The Week
I refuse to do another post about how it's Monday and I am 'back on track!' I'm tried of getting 'back on track', I need to just keep my ass on track then I won't have to keep getting back on it.
My weeks for a while now have been going like this: Thursdays and Fridays I'm good, on track,program, eating clean... whatever you want to call it. Saturdays and Sundays are spend totally off track and program - fast foods, rich homecooked food, etc. Then Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are spent trying to get back on track and save the week hoping that Thursday morning the scale will take mercy on me and either give me the same weight from the week before or a smaller number.
It wasn't like this in the beginning... around the holidays something shifted and I've been stuck here mostly between 181 and 185. 6 months and only 10 pounds down. I want to see the positive in this, and say I'm happy with my 10 pound loss... but I'd be lying - not only to you but to myself.
I don't feel like I'm beating myself up... I'm just going to stop with the excuses. I was reading a blog the other day and the blogger I can't remember who, it might of been Tony (theantijared) was said that many people want to lose weight but don't want to change their lifestyle... they want to cut portions but not change the type of food they are putting in their body and end up falling on their face.
Basically, like me. I want to go to McDonlds. Instead of having a Big Mac I'll order a Hamburger... but a Hamburger doesn't fill me up, I'm left hungry... at the end of the day I end up going over my points. The 6 points I spend on a little hamburger I could have a chicken salad with a light dressing and possibly still have points left over. The salad would probably be a heck of a lot more filling than the hamburger.
I need to work on changing the way my mind and cravings think and work. I need to work on slowing my roll and thinking before I order. I've been meaning to make a handy little fast food cheatsheet to carry in my purse with me, so when I go the fast foods I know already what's low in points and what I'm going to order.
So today I'm back on track. I don't know if saving the week is possible. The only thing I do know is that I'm doing pretty with points today, I'm stocked with vegetables at home... I need to up my water drinking and I plan on walking this evening for at least 30 minutes.
I've been doing pretty good this week with my walking... except for this weekend I couldn't measure it because Saturday I had a dress on, and Sunday I wore my pajamas most of the day.
My PB2 came today... I'll save my review comments for my next video... I'll make possibly tomorrow.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Lady, get it together! You know you can do this! You know you WANT to do this!

For me, a big part of it was to temporarily cut a lot of things out completely. I love Wendy’s. I mean, I love it. With a deep burning passion. Of course, what I love is the Big Bacon Classic with fries and a frosty. Which is like 30 pts or something. So you know what I do now? I DON’T GO TO WENDYS. Yeah, I know I could order a baked potato or chilli, or whatever, but why make it so hard on myself? Why put myself in the position of having to turn down the thing I *really* want? I just don’t set foot in there for now. I probably will again someday but for now it’s just too hard so I avoid it completely.

Instead of making a list of fast food that’s low in points, maybe try coming up with a list of other things you can do / eat to avoid going into fast food restaurants AT ALL? You could get a little thing of sushi, you could go to Subway (I don’t think of that as fastfood because most of what I like is low-points), you could eat lunch at home before or after you go out, you could eat a Larabar or energy bar while you’re out, if you find yourself starving you can even just buy a coffee or a small container of 1% milk or a banana somewhere – it should fill you up until you get home, at least.

I guess what I’m saying is that for me, I found it easier to make changes by doing something that was MORE different than by just trying to tweak what I was doing before (you know, the stuff that made me fat in the first place.) The truth is, most fast food salads are kind of gross, so no wonder you find yourself picking the hamburger instead! I would be too. So if weekend eating-out is what’s killing you, you’ve got to find a work-around. So find some alternative places to eat, snacks to bring, or ways to time your weekends so you aren’t landing at McDonalds and trying to make a ‘healthy’ decision amidst the temptation.

Challenge yourself to one weekend with no crappy restaurant stops. Just one. Tell yourself you can go to McDonalds next weekend if you really miss it. Then find work-arounds, even if they seem weird, like eating a grapefruit in the parking lot. I think you’ll find that it’s a lot more do-able than you think.

PS: Sorry this comment got so long! I just hate seeing a fellow blogger struggling, especially when I know it's something they can fix! :)

One Pretty Little Box said...

Okay ~ I am going to sound a bit off from what everyone is thinking or wanting to say. But I say this ~

You have a natural flow going. You spend Monday through Wednesday "saving" the week, which I take as meaning lower points/calories/fat etc. Thursday and Friday your on plan (just the right amount of points/calories/fat) and Saturday and Sunday are "off" days. So, use that "natural" flow you have going to your advantage! Go super low on your points those salvage days, up it a bit on Thurs and Fri, then have your off days. You might find this to work easier for you then to try to stick to one plan one way everyday. JMO, don't shoot the messenger!

Rosie said...

ANDREA: Thank you for the support... giving it some thought I realized I go to fast food so much because I don't have time to cook... work 48 hours a week, a teenage daughter, a boyfriend, a spoiled Chihuahua, and a mother who dependent on me. I cut fast food out... going on 9 days now.

I now keep my freeze stocked with Smart Ones and Lean Cuizines... want to get back to cooking dinner but much get organized first.

I truly appreciate your encouragement and don't mind the long comments... :)

MRS.SHEILA: I like that idea... it makes since sort of like the Wendy Plan I've heard about... my only probably is the low days I won't go low enough... :(