Makes 4 servings
POINTS® value | 4 per squash halfThese savory bundles make an elegant meal, whether for the family or your next dinner party. For the best taste, use freshly grated Parmesan.
- 2 medium acorn squash
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces cremini or white button mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 3 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp dry vermouth or dry white wine
- Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Split the squash in half, stem to bottom, and scoop out the seeds. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and place the squash on it cut side down. Bake until tender, about 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, scallions and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms give off their liquid, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, sage, thyme and pepper. Cook 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the rice, cheese and vermouth or wine.
- Once the squash are fork-tender, turn them cut side up and fill each with a quarter of the rice mixture. Bake until warmed through, about 10 minutes.