Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Much About Nothing


I realized today that it's super easy to put on weight and so fucken hard to get it off... it's the opposite of money. Money is easy to spend (get rid of) but hard to obtain (gain)...

I've got a good start to the day... it's not even 10am yet, and I've already exercised for 35 minutes... walked/jogged hustled my fat ass up those hills... it was an extra hilly day today. I did 1.72 during my workout...

Aside from working out this morning, I've also washed some dishes, washed two loads of laundry, took those two down to the laundry mat to dry, and am now washing my 3rd load. I've had breakfast, showered, and am ready to go to work now.

This is a good feeling. I don't know if I've lost Ross for good... I'm hoping I haven't... but it feels good that I'm getting my life in order which is what he wanted me to do.

I got on the scale this morning and it said 177.5... just .3 away from my 10%... I have two days to shed .3. I can do this. I would really like to weigh-in at 175, but I don't think that is going to happen... it's all good... my heart is really set on getting my 10% award... after that I'll focus on my next goal. My next major goal is 158.2... but I've also got some mini ones inbetween that... 175, 170, 165, 160... after I reach my 158.2 I'll have to figure out my next goals... I don't think I'll set them at 5 pounds... since I'll be 18 pounds away from goal I'll have to set smaller one... maybe every three pounds would be good.

I don't remember myself at 158... I sort of do. I got there in 2000 when I did Weight Watcher's the very first time. Every one was amazed at my progress... I felt great. I had to get rid of a lot of my clothes because they were getting too big. I don't know how the heck I lost it without any exercise. I felt good but not strong... now that I've been walking/jogging I feel strong... I like that feeling. I like walking and not feeling my fat jiggle as much. I def feel the exercise expediting my weight loss... or at least helping sculpt my body.

Why didn't I commit to this on this level before? It's hard work, but definitely worth it. When I fall off track I forget how good it feels to be ON track. I forget how good to feels to feel strong.

This post has been much about nothing... so I'm going to sign off now. Perhaps tomorrow I'll have more today... if not you might get an article or something don't want to post too many rambling entries... lol. But for sure you'll hear about my results on Thursday... maybe even a video!

Happy Losing...

6 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

Keep pushing yourself, Rosie. It does get easier, and it is definitely worth it.

If you're doing it for some dude, that's all well and good, but remember... you're really doing it for yourself.

Hang in there. You can do it.

Rosie said...

Thank you... I will keep pushing myself.

Well it started for him but now that everything has happen I've come to terms that even if things don't work out I am going to do this for myself.

karen said...

Rambling entries are better than no entries! Coming, of course, from the girl who has kinda been sucking at making entries lately ;)

Rosie said...

Karen: You're right... I find that making an entry here keeps in accountable... but also like to mix things up and provide everyone with useful information too...

What's going on with you and entries lately?

Losing Weight After 45 is a Bitch said...

It gets frustrating, but you go girl!!

I wrote about the same thing on my blog here: http://losingweightafter45isabitch.blogspot.com/2009/05/you-want-to-know-whats-frustrating.html

and here:
http://losingweightafter45isabitch.blogspot.com/2009/04/never-mind-losing-weight-just-not.html

All I can say, is that it's taken two years and I'm just 8 pounds from my ultimate weight loss goal.

But, I know the minute I let my guard down, every single pound will come back and then some.

Rosie said...

LWA45IAB: Thank you for your support... well thankfully the weigh is coming off... I just wish I could go to sleep, wake up and be at goal... aaahhhh wishful thinking.