Monday, June 22, 2009

Gold Star Days...

I'm a big time thrifter... I can smell a second-hand store a mile away. The upside I find a lot of cool stuff and always save a ton of money on everything I get there. The downside is that I accumulate clutter.

Like my body clutter lately I've been working on turning my apartment back into a home instead of a over-packed storage unit, by getting rid of the clutter... clutter which includes extra dishes, knick-knacks, toys, and clothes, clothes, clothes. I have a hard time tossing out clothes.

When my mother was little she was very poor... so poor she outgrew her coat, couldn't button it shut anymore but still had to wear it... she had very limited clothing. When I was growing up she hated tossing anything out... especially if the clothes could still be worn. She'd never let me throw anything away. So I kept it all... and still have that bad habit. I just started tossing my daughter's baby/kid clothes... huh - she's 15 years old now!

Anyway, I love thrifting... it's in my heart and soul. But if I'm going to keep my apartment clutter free I need to slow it down...

Also I love rewards and treats. Sooooo I'm getting closer to my point... (I do have one)!

For everyday that I do good - eating, drinking all my water, taking my vitamin, and exercise... I get a Gold Star which I'll place a star sticker in my journal for that day (sort of like a Bravo Sticker for you Weight Watcher's out there...) I'll also post a Gold Star on my following days post... just like the one you see above.

For every 10 stars I get, I'll allow myself to go to the second hand and send $10.00 more if it's one big ticket item - like furniture (been looking to get a few new pieces lately).

So get ready to see this blog plastered with Gold Stars!

It's still early but today is going to be a great day! Once again I'm going to kick ass... I got up at 6am, went for my 30 minute walk... 1.72... slightly slower than yesterday's walk (1.83) but I did do more hills today.

I've finished my exercise, brought in the dry laundry, washed a load and hung it out... now I'm washing a comforter for my mother, and I put away the clean dishes. I've done my exercise, 20 minutes of cleaning, and am making my breakfast - haven't been hungry lately so I'm gonna have three egg white and head to the store to pick up some more fruit and vegetables. I have to start work at 10am...

Yesterday I did GREAT! Well not that great but still great for my situation... I exercised, took my vitamin... I kicked ass in the exercise department... earned myself 5 activity points. But since this weekend I haven't really had an appetite... I only used up 9 points. Which isn't good because Weight Watcher's encourage you do eat all your points daily so you won't starve your body. I just couldn't force myself to eat any more.

- Oatmeal 1 cup
- Fat Free Milk 1/2 cup
- 1 Cucumber
- Hot Sauce, Lemon Juice, A Bit Of Salt
- 1 Peach
- 1 Peach
- 1 Cup Corn
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/2 Cucumber
- Hot Sauce, Lemon Juice, A Bit Of Salt

I actually had a pretty good amount of food... it was just all clean food that's why i didn't use up much points.

Along with the Weight Watcher's I'm giving the Fat Smash Diet another try... Weight Watcher's is a great lifestyle but I need a diet right now to detox me of all the crap for now. So I'm doing a Weight Watchers/Fat Smash Diet Combo... following the Fat Smash Diet but also journaling everything and counting points. Once I finish one full cycle of the Fat Smash Diet (90 days) then I'll just follow Weight Watchers but by then I should have a good routine down and have rid myself of all the cravings for crap I always get.

Ross wants me to do his Body For Life program... I told him after I finish the fat smash diet I'll give it a try but still want to count my points.

Back about 2001 my friend did Body For Life and kicked ass... that girl lost about 60 pounds! I got on the bandwagon and tried it for a few weeks... a few weeks to the T... exercise, eating 6 times a day - protein and carbs... I didn't lose anything. It was so frustrating I didn't know what to do... so I did what any sane person would do when you're doing a diet for several weeks and don't lose an ounce... I quit.

Ross did that diet and lost 40 pounds. Maybe I was doing it wrong or just having too much to eat I don't know. I'll give it another try for him but not until after I do the fat smash diet and I'm also going to continue to count my points.

Well I've been babbling for quite a while today... so I'm going to cut it short...

Oh wait a couple of more things...

Oh gosh, I can't remember them but I if I do I'll post them tomorrow.

Have a good successful day... happy losing...

No comments: