Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Works with Simply Filling
| ||2 serving(s) butter-flavor cooking spray|
| ||3 large egg white(s)|
| ||2 large egg(s)|
| ||2 slice(s) Canadian-style bacon, finely chopped|
| ||1/4 tsp dried oregano|
| ||1/8 tsp table salt|
| ||1/8 tsp black pepper|
| ||3 tbsp salsa, drained of excess liquid before measuring|
| ||2 large burrito-size wheat flour tortilla(s)|
| ||4 tbsp reduced-fat sour cream|
| ||1/8 medium avocado, ripe, cut into 2 wedges|
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a small baking sheet with cooking spray. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-low heat.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and eggs. Add bacon, oregano, salt, pepper and salsa; stir well.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared skillet; increase heat to medium. Let eggs partially set and then scramble using a spatula. When eggs are set but still slightly glossy, remove from heat.
- Spoon half of egg mixture into center of each tortilla. Roll tortilla to conceal filling, making sure to fold in ends. Place burritos, seam-side down, on prepared baking sheet. Bake until burritos are very hot, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and serve each burrito with 1 tablespoon of sour cream and 1 slice of avocado.
- For a breakfast on the go, fill a toasted whole-wheat pita half with the scrambled egg mixture, sour cream and avocado.