Sunday, May 23, 2010

Easy Grape Granita

Desserts
POINTS Value: 1

Servings: 6
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 0 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

The name of this classic Italian dessert means "little grains," a reference to the tiny ice crystals that make it cooling and irresistible on a hot summer day.

Ingredients
3 cup(s) grapes, red, seedless, frozen overnight until hard

Instructions
Transfer the fruit to a food processor fitted with the chopping blade. Process until grainy but uniform, like millions of little ice crystals. Serve at once. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.

Notes
You can swap strawberries for the grapes if desired.
For a treat, lay each serving on a bed of 2 tablespoons fat-free non-dairy topping (not included in POINTS values).

3 comments:

karen said...

This looks far too easy and far too yummy!!!

And I finally got my feeder to realize that you came back!!! HOORAY!!! Sorry it took me so long to notice :/

I merged my two blogs during your hiatus -- makejustaripple is no longer. It's all muffinfixation.blogspot.com now :)

HuffandBuff said...

Sounds simple and yummy will definitely have to give it a try!

Maria
www.huffandbuff.com

Rosie said...

KAREN: I'm going to have to update my feeder with your new blog. I don't have internet access like I use to for now... so I'm limited - reason for the not so great banner on my DSD... :o/ I'm glad to see one of my ol'friends is still around and blogging.

MARIA: Please come back and let us know how it turned out one you try it! And welcome to DietSodaDiva.com...