Friday, April 03, 2009

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

I could have did better yesterday, but that's okay - that's what the flex points are for. Yesterday, like most of my days are filled with endless running around. I think to think of a solution to this. I don't drive so I don't have the luxuary of keeping snacks in my car... but maybe I can start carrying around a lunchpail instead of a purse and stuff it with fruits and vegetables. I need to think of something.
When I work at the office there isn't any place healthy to eat around here... well there's the grocery store, but that means I'd have to do food prep, a 30 minute lunch break and limited space doesn't make it easy. When I'm caring for my mother she likes to go out a lot, either shopping or she has a doctor's appointments. We usually go to Subways, which isn't bad if you order the right thing, but the points can add up like they did yesterday.
I also have to keep in mind that this is a lifestyle change not a diet... in order to make this work for me I have to change my whole way of eating - I can't just cut down on the amount of food I eat and still eat the same crap because I be satisfied.
I don't know what's going on with me I'm having a major problem staying with in points. I know what I have to do... so why don't I just do it. Maybe I need to change the way I think and look at it. Maybe think of my points as a money budget.
Financially, if I don't have the money for steak I automatically pick up hamburger meat. I buy what I can afford. So why am I not eating what I can afford with my points?
I think today's a much better day for me eating wise. Yesterday I went and brought some low point snacks that'll keep me away from the sweets. I brought Target's brand of Fiber One bars which weren't very much cheaper than the real bars. They don't taste as good and sweet as the Fiber One bars so that means I won't end up eating the whole box in one day which is a great thing.
Today during lunch I went to the super market and picked up some veggies for salads this weekend. Also this weekend, I'm making Ross Chile Rellenos, his favorite. I'm adding chicken and going to sneak some low-fat cheese in there if I can find it. I always have the hardest time finding low-fat and fat-free cheese. Or maybe I'll make a cassarole and bake it - it might use less cheeze and no oil.
I have to pick Vi up from soccer tonight so I think subways for dinner. I'm having a Veggie Delite Salad... they're pretty good and very few points. I have 12 points left for the day, I have dinner and snacks left. I think I'm doing pretty good... I'll also get some walking in going to pick up Vi. Also I've taken 5624 steps that's 2.31 miles. I thought I had gotten more walking in. I should be at a minimal 10,000 steps by the end of the day.
Well... I hope you'll have a great weekend and Happy Losing!

No comments: