|POINTS® Value: 3 |
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
|We lightened up this cobbler by using reduced-fat sour cream and less butter. It's moist and delicious, bursting with warm fresh raspberries and juicy peaches.|
|6 medium peach(es), halved, pitted and thinly sliced (about 1 3/4 lbs)|
| ||3 Tbsp powdered sugar|
|1 cup(s) raspberries|
| ||3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour|
| ||3 1/2 Tbsp sugar, granulated, divided|
| ||1/2 tsp baking powder|
| ||1/4 tsp baking soda|
| ||1/4 tsp table salt|
| ||3 Tbsp butter, cold|
| ||1/3 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream|
| ||1 tsp vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place peaches in a medium bowl; toss with powdered sugar until sugar dissolves. In an 8-inch square baking pan, arrange peach slices in several layers; sprinkle raspberries over top.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut butter into flour mixture and work in with a fork or pastry cutter until flour resembles course crumbs. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix with a fork until dough comes together.
- Place clumps of crumb mixture over fruit; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake until top is golden brown and fruit begins to bubble, about 40 to 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
- Feel free to substitute thawed, frozen fruit for the fresh fruit, if desired.