Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Hot Cocoa is my Methadone...

I don't know what my problem was yesterday or really lately. I think maybe emotions, stress and possibly depression trying to creep in. I don't know what my deal is but whatever it is I got to push through it and pick myself up and get cooking and moving.

I need to get in the habit of prepping my food the night before and getting my butt to the gym everyday (when I say every day I mean 4-5 times a week).

I know this, I've been known this... now I just have to figure out a way to turn cooking into a habit and awaken my gym habit up.

Sunday, I could have easily prepped my food for Monday. I have no excuses.

I over ate yesterday and didn't exercise. I got home, laid down and called it a night. Another thing I need to work on is a schedule. During the week I wake up in the morning, get dressed like a bat out of hell and run to make it to the bus stop by 6:05 or 7:10 depending of what my work day starts.

On Saturdays, I get up weigh-in and meet my trainer... that's it. Beyond those two things I have no other routine. Not even getting home from work is a set routine. Either my neighbor gives me a ride or I catch the bus for an hour ride.

I think having a set schedule would also help with weight loss... I can work food prep in, workouts and blogging. Blogging allows me to vent, share and get/give support. Support when trying to lose weight is underestimated as a necessity.

Yesterday, I over ate so much I won't be able to make those points up - it'll be impossible. So I'm restarting my count today. I'm sticking to my allotted 27 points, and any points I have I will allow myself to use half of those. I know I should have any considering I've over eaten for 3 days... but I'm not trying to set myself up for failure, and realistically I'm a hunger girl - I need extra points. I think I can handle only using half of what I earned.

So far today I've had:
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 pita pocket
- hot chocolate/coffee
- Banana
Total Points: 8

It's a lot of points for just a meal... the hot chocolate was 4 points, but I think it's worth it right now. Around the office we have TONS of Halloween candy floating around, especially in my department and it's all too tempting for a chocolate/sugar addict. So having a controlled amount like a cup of hot cocoa will do me better than trying to stay away from it all together and then breaking down in the middle of the day and shoving Fun Size Snickers down my throat.

Hot Cocoa is my Methadone...

For snacks I have baggy of seaweed and a 2 pomegranates, for lunch I have a grilled spinach mix with spinach (of course), tomatoes, turmeric and onions - topped with Feta Cheese (my favorite) for a total of 2 points!

For dinner, I'm not sure yet. I might have more spinach or maybe I'll try making a chicken/chili mix. I have an idea of grilling a Weight Watchers Chicken Burger (chopped up), roasted Pasilla Chili Peppers and Feta - all shoved into a pita bread. That'd be 7 points... not too bad.

We'll see...

No comments: