Wednesday, January 01, 2014

New Years Resolutions

Along with the rest of America and possibly the rest of the world too... one of my New Year's Resolutions for 2014 is to lose weight and get fit.

I've been an on and off dieter since I was in high school. I've tried numerous diets, pills... you name it I've tried it.

January 2, 2000 I joined Weight Watchers for the first time ever. A few weeks before I had found one of their member handouts in the bathroom at my job, read it... the information seemed clean and clear. I called them and found out it was only $9.99 a week to join (during that time there was no Weight Watcher's online just meetings).

Of all the diets and pills I've tried Weight Watchers has been by far the best. I know 14 years have passed but I'm still not at goal. I don't feel the program has failed me, I have failed the program in the past... lack of planning, lack of motivation... I've got a million excuses why I'm still not at goal.

In the last 14 years I've tried other diets always somehow ended back up at Weight Watchers... a lot of the times I've tried to combine the two or three... :o/

So, long story short... I'm going back to the basics... Weight Watcher's STRAIGHT UP! Eat my daily points, use activity points for desserts and the extra 49 for special events and occasions. Boom there you go!

I got on the scale today, even thought my weigh in days are on Saturdays... how can I not weigh in and restart my count the 1st of the year!

I've got about Kindergartener to lose... it's going to be a while, but patience with myself and planning will get me there...

No comments: